Monday, June 10, 2013

"Keep Calm and Marry On..."

Ah, true love...is there anything more uplifting or encouraging? To think that one couple's relationship can change their world, and perhaps change ours?  The Wedding was May 25, and I have to say it went better than I expected.  Every wedding has "stories"; the little things that happen and create anecdotes that last forever.  If your wedding is "perfect", you probably spent too much time worrying about the day instead of what it means to be married.  But that's just me.  Brian and Liz had an absolutely beautiful day, and a lovely ceremony with family and good friends, as they hoped for. Was it the party to end all parties as we would have liked? No, of course not.  But who cares? It was fun, we were with people we loved, we enjoyed each other's company, the pictures will be spectacular, and that's really all that mattered. It brought back memories of our own wedding, almost 35 years ago - looking at Brian at the top of the aisle reminded me of looking at Tim when I was the one processing. And now, I'm the one watching, gaining the daughter we never had. I wish for them every joy and happiness they dream of, and not as much of the other stuff, although I know it will come.












"Starting here, starting now, when we walk, we'll walk together, year by year, starting here...."



No comments:

Post a Comment